This is the husband posting.
Nikole is fine. The baby is fine.
Last night, when we got home from our Infant CPR class, Nikole started bleeding -- heavily and red. She called her OB and we immediately headed for the hospital, figuring the doctor on call could chat with Nikole while we checked in. After all the warnings our high-risk doctor has given us about hemorrhaging, we correctly assumed waiting around for a return call was just stupid.
Long story short (since Nikole will probably provide the long version for you), they checked us into Labor & Delivery and threw a bunch of doctors and nurses into the mix. The bleeding slowed, then stopped. Bumble was squirming and kicking the whole time, and her heartbeat was clipping along at about 140BPM. By midnight, we sent our mothers home and tried to get some sleep.
It looks like we'll be in the hospital for the duration -- the outstanding question is how long the duration will be. We'll be at 33 weeks tomorrow, so we're hoping to hold out two or three more weeks. Tomorrow, we'll have an ultrasound with our high-risk doctor and go from there -- with a better sense of whether Bumble will arrive sooner or later.
She'll post more later.